St Peter's Basilica

St Peter's Basilica

Search This Blog

Tuesday 31 May 2016

A Great Prayer to St. Patrick



Image result for st. patrick


This prayer should be said everyday by everyone! It is a highly efficacious prayer. A person who says this prayer daily was involved in a ghastly motor accident with his whole family. Several people died and the entire family of 6 survived.

NONE sustained even a scratch!

This is not to say that this prayer is a magic wand. But it is to say that when we say this prayer, we come under the patronage of St. Patrick and given the will of God, and striving always to be in a state of grace, we shall obtain God’s favors and protection.


So, say this prayer daily and give to your friends for their own protection.


The Breastplate of St. Patrick
I bind to myself this day
The strong virtue of the invocation of the Holy Trinity
The faith of the Trinity in unity
The creator of the elements
I bind to myself this day
The power of the incarnation of Christ and His Baptism
The power of his Crucifixion with his Burial,
The power of his Resurrection with His Ascension
The power of His coming to the sentence of the judgment
I bind to myself this day
The power of the love of the seraphim
In the obedience of the Angels
In the hope of Resurrection unto reward
In the prayer of the Patriarchs
In the prediction of the prophets
In the preaching of the apostles
In the faith of confessors
In the purity of virgins
In the deeds of holy men
I bind to myself this day
The power of God to guide me
The might of God to uphold me
The wisdom of God to teach me
The eye of God to watch over me
The Ear of God to hear me
The word of God to give me speech
The hand of God to protect me
The way of God to lie before me
The shield of God to shelter me
The host of God to defend me
Against the temptation of vices
Against the lust of nature
Against every man that meditates injury to me
Whether far or near
Whether alone or with many
I have invoked all these virtues
Against every hostile, savage power warring upon my body and my soul
Against the enchantment of false prophets
Against the black laws of heathenism
Against the false laws of heresy against the deceit of idolatry
Against the spell of women, magicians and wizards
Against all knowledge which binds the soul of man
Christ protect me this day
Against poison,
Against burning,
Against drowning
Against wounding
That I may receive abundant reward
Christ be with me, Christ be before me
Christ be after me, Christ be within me
Christ be beneath me, Christ be above me
Christ be at my right hand, Christ be at my left
Christ be in the fort, Christ be in the chariot
Christ be in the ship
Christ be in the heart of every man who thinks of me
Christ be in the mouth of every man who speaks of me,
Christ be in the eyes of every man that sees me
Christ be in every ear that hears me
I bind to myself this day
The strong faith of the invocation of the Holy Trinity,
The faith of the Trinity in unity
The creator of the elements
Salvation is the Lord’s
Salvation is from Christ
Thy salvation, O Lord be with us forever. Amen


Given by Malachy Mary Igwilo, Given within the Octave of Corpus Christi, 31st May, 2016 on the Feast day of St. Petronilla 

No comments:

Post a Comment